Dr Tony Blake
MPharm, MD, Dip Child Health
- Skin cancer medicine
- Child health
- Men’s health
- Minor surgical procedures.
Taking appointments from the 20th July 2020.
Dr Tony Blake treats a broad range of common medical conditions and provides quality holistic care to patients of all ages. He has a special interest in skin cancer medicine, child health and men’s health, and minor surgical procedures.
He is approachable, open-minded, and empathetic to all patients, regardless of the medical problem they face. He works with them to development a treatment plan, and to set and support them to achieve their own health goals.
It was Dr Blake’s interest in the human body and helping others that motived him to enter medicine. He qualified and worked first as a pharmacist, including managing a community pharmacy for many years, before returning to university to study medicine.
Dr Blake’s qualifications include a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc) 2004, Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (BPharmSc) 2006, Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) 2008, and a Doctor of Medicine (MD) 2015 – all were achieved from Griffith University, Gold Coast. Dr Blake has also completed a Diploma of Child Health (2019) from University of Sydney and will complete his Fellowship with The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) in 2021.
He has worked at Gold Coast University Hospital, Logan Hospital, Toowoomba Base Hospital, Collinsville Hospital, Mater Hospital Brisbane, and Greenslopes Private Hospital. His experience as a physician spans cardiology, oncology, geriatrics, gastroenterology, endocrinology, and general medicine. His surgical experience includes dermatology, Mohs surgery and plastic surgery.
Dr Blake is a lecturer at Griffith University School of Medicine. He also works as a Medical Officer for the Australian and World Rally Championships.
He is an avid supporter and member of the Gold Coast Suns AFL team. His favourite hobby is surfing, and he is currently the president of a board riders club focused on supporting and promoting self-care of junior doctors. Dr Blake and his wife welcomed their first child in March 2020.
Further information and resources:
- DermNet NZ – resources from dermatologists around the world, all about the skin, from rashes to skin cancer
- Kids Health – resources to help keep children fit, happy, healthy and safe, including fact sheets for many different health conditions
- Better Health Channel – resources and fact sheets to improve the health and wellbeing of people and the communities they live in
- Head to Health – a one-stop shop for mental health resources
- My Aged Care – information on government services that support independent living