45-49-Year-Old Health Check
Prevention is always better than a cure
The mid-to-late forties age range is a time when the early signs of chronic disease can appear. Arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart health are some of the potential health issues that can arise. The symptoms may only be mild, and disease only detectable through blood tests or comprehensive screening.
Middle age can be a busy and challenging time in your life. Work pressures and family commitments can leave you with little time to pause and put yourself first.
Therefore, it is completely understandable that one of the most important, if not the most important aspects of your life is overlooked – YOUR HEALTH!
Now is your time to act
Did you know… early detection, intervention, and treatment (if required) of disease may:
- delay or prevent the onset of chronic disease
- reduce the severity of disease (symptoms and progression), including arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, and hearth health
- improve future quality of life
We encourage all people aged between 45-49 years to:
- Be aware of their current state of health, including risk factors and signs and symptoms of chronic disease.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing professional relationship with a GP who is aware of their medical history.
- Make an appointment for a Medicare-funded 45-49 Health Check (if eligible, no out of pocket expense).
Who should have a 45-49 Health Check?
We recommend all people aged between 45-49 years have a health check. If you display risk factors for developing a chronic disease, a 45-49 Health Check is even more important.
Risk factors include:
- high blood pressure
- family history of disease (e.g. cancer, diabetes, heart, kidney, respiratory, depression)
- high cholesterol (or family history of)
- excessive alcohol consumption
- lack of physical activity/sedentary lifestyle
- overweight/unbalanced diet
- high stress levels
- sun exposure.
What does a 45-49 Health Check involve?
A visit to our practice and a consultation with our team is all that’s required. It will take 60-75 minutes but could make a world of difference to your future health.
- update your medical history
- ask questions to assess your current health and risk factors
- complete a brief physical examination, where we will measure your blood pressure, weight and blood sugar, and perform a skin check
- take a blood test (to check cholesterol, electrolytes, kidney and liver function)
- provide you with practical advice and information on how to make lifestyle changes that will improve your health and reduce your risk of developing future chronic disease.
Your Medicare rebate eligibility
Make an appointment NOW
Your future health is in your hands. Book your 45-49 Health Check today.
Contact reception or speak to your doctor. Your future self will thank you!
Ask specifically for a 45-49 Health Check and allow 60-75 minutes for the appointment (some appointments may be shorter).
Depending on the outcome of your health check, further tests and appointments may be required, potentially incurring additional costs.