Diabetes Care Program
Our Diabetes Care Program will make it easier for you to manage and monitor your condition!
What are the benefits of being part of the Diabetes Care Program?
- Regular monitoring to ensure your diabetes is being managed effectively, to reduce the risk of diabetes related complications;
- Education to help improve your understanding of diabetes, its management and treatment;
- Access to rebated allied health care visits (e.g. physiotherapy, podiatry, dietitian, exercise physiologist, psychologist etc.) to assist in the management of your diabetes and general health;
- Access to a registered pharmacist who can conduct government funded medication reviews;
- Regular support and encouragement, so you don’t feel like you have to manage your diabetes care alone.
How often will my Diabetes be reviewed?
As part of the program, we recommend that you have your diabetes monitored at least every 6 months to reduce your risk of diabetes related complications.
How much will it cost me to be part of the Diabetes Care Program?
Generally, we will be able to coordinate a diabetes review with a GPMP (Care Plan) – meaning that there is no out of pocket expense to you!
How to organise:
Please contact the practice on 07 3279 0444 to request a Diabetes Review (and Care Plan).
Who can I speak to if I have any questions?
Please contact reception and ask to speak to one of our practice nurses; alternatively, you could speak to your GP at your next visit.